Hi. Thank you for your reply.

Actually I've done as you suggested. Here's my full onSurfaceCreated()
and my activity's onPause():

public void onSurfaceCreated(GL10 gl, EGLConfig config) {

        frontTextureId = loadTexture(gl, frontTextureBitmap);
        gl.glEnable(GL10.GL_TEXTURE_2D);
                gl.glEnableClientState(GL10.GL_TEXTURE_COORD_ARRAY);
                gl.glEnableClientState(GL10.GL_VERTEX_ARRAY);
        gl.glShadeModel(GL10.GL_SMOOTH);
                gl.glClearColor(0.0f, 0.0f, 0.0f, 0.5f);
                gl.glClearDepthf(1.0f);
                gl.glEnable(GL10.GL_DEPTH_TEST);
                gl.glDepthFunc(GL10.GL_LEQUAL);
                gl.glHint(GL10.GL_PERSPECTIVE_CORRECTION_HINT, GL10.GL_NICEST);
}

@Override
    protected void onPause() {
        super.onPause();
        mySurfaceView.onPause();
    }

While waiting for your answer I'll take a look at
TriangleRenderer.java again to see what is the difference between that
code and mine.

Thanks again.