If I understand you correctly, you've progromatically added a checkbox
to a view.  In this case, you already have a handle to the object and
don't need to invoke findViewById().  If you didn't keep the handle
(say in a loop), then you can retrieve them again by going through
your listView -- either your own private or if you're using
ListActivity, invoke getListView().

Personally, if you wanted to keep track of the status of multiple
checkboxes, instead of going through the list everytime I'd keep a
separate list of booleans, or just a linked list of true's.