hi,

I am writing an application in which I need to call Master Clear under
a specifi condition.
But I am getting permission error.

My Code:
=======

AndroidManifest.xml
-----------------------------
  <uses-permission android:name="android.permission.MASTER_CLEAR" />

Calling Master Clear Code (similar to code present in Settings of
Android)

    ICheckinService service =
            ICheckinService.Stub.asInterface(ServiceManager.getService
("checkin"));
    if (service != null) {
        try {
            service.masterClear();
        } catch (android.os.RemoteException e) {
            Log.e("MasterClear", "Some Error Here !!");
        }
    }

Observation / Error / Output (in DDMS)
PermissionDenial : can't invoke masterClear from PID=965, uid = 10019

When I go to menu==>settings==>Application Settings==>Manage
Applications ==> <my app> ==> permissions, I dont see any permissions
assigned to my app which means the app does not have the permissions.
But I have set the permission for master clear ( <uses-permission
android:name="android.permission.MASTER_CLEAR" />) in the
AndroidManifest.xml but it does not seem to work. Can anyone help.

Thanks,
Amit