Bitmap are eventually garbage collected. From the javadoc of the
Bitmap class itself:

"This is an advanced call, and normally need
not be called, since the normal GC process will free up this memory when
there are no more references to this bitmap."

--
Romain Guy
Android framework engineer

to provide private support.  All such questions should be posted on