On Mon, Aug 17, 2009 at 10:03 PM, Honest <honestsucc...@gmail.com> wrote:

> <?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
> <manifest xmlns:android="http://schemas.android.com/apk/res/android";
>      package="com.saltriver.service"
>      android:versionCode="1"
>      android:versionName="1.0">
>    <application android:icon="@drawable/icon" android:label="@string/
> app_name">
>        <activity android:name=".ServiceExample"
>                  android:label="@string/app_name">
>            <intent-filter>
>                <action android:name="android.intent.action.MAIN" />
>                <category
> android:name="android.intent.category.LAUNCHER" />
>            </intent-filter>
>        </activity>
>    </application>
>    <service android:name=".service.MyService">

Change this to just android:name=".MyService" (presumably you don't have it
in a sub-package).

> <intent-filter>
> </intent-filter>

There is no reason to have an empty intent-filter; get rid of these tags.

> </service>
>    <uses-sdk android:minSdkVersion="3" />
> <uses-permission android:name="android.permission.READ_FRAME_BUFFER"></
> uses-permission>

Unrelated, but applications can't get the READ_FRAME_BUFFER permission.

> </manifest>
>

> I am calling service by folllowing code from the activity.
>

>    public void onCreate(Bundle savedInstanceState) {
>        super.onCreate(savedInstanceState);
>        try
>        {
>        setContentView(R.layout.main);
>        Intent serviceIntent = new Intent();
>
>        serviceIntent.setAction(".service.MyService");

Construct the Intent like this: intent = new Intent(this, MyService.class);

--
Dianne Hackborn
Android framework engineer

answer them.