I am trying from hours to play a video file from raw resource but no
success.

I have tried

         setContentView(R.layout.mediaplayer_2);
                mPreview = (SurfaceView) findViewById(R.id.surface);
                holder = mPreview.getHolder();

// Create a new media player and set the listeners
                mMediaPlayer = new MediaPlayer() ;

                AssetFileDescriptor afd = getResources().openRawResourceFd
(R.raw.lucky);
                     mMediaPlayer.setDataSource(afd.getFileDescriptor(),
                afd.getStartOffset(), afd.getLength());
                     mMediaPlayer.setDisplay(holder);

             //   mMediaPlayer.prepare();
                mMediaPlayer.setOnBufferingUpdateListener(this);
                mMediaPlayer.setOnCompletionListener(this);
                mMediaPlayer.setOnPreparedListener(this);
                mMediaPlayer.setAudioStreamType(AudioManager.STREAM_MUSIC);

nothing happens on the screen and it just stand idle ,neither
OnBuffering event called nor onCompletion Event. I have tried to play
boht wmv and 3gp file. but nothing works . please advise what i m
missing.