i had similar problems with my mapview-app which is loading marker
from a webserver (port 80).
it is throwing exceptions hat the httpclient has no open socket
connection.
after switching to port 8080, everything is ok.
but this only occurs in the emulator.
so i test it on the phone or change to port 8080 during development.