Dear Developers!

I'm trying to develop a map application which can save some part of
map inside a phone.

So, refering to the example of google developer site, I created my
activity that using the MapView class to display the location what I
want to see. It works.

And I attached some code to save that view into png format file using
Bitmap and Canvas classes. But it didn't work.

One image file was created but it didn't contain any information of
the map. I don't know the reason why those codes didn't work and
couldn't find any related information on the Web...

code is...

public class AndroidTest extends MapActivity {

        MapView mapView;
        List<Overlay> mapOverlays;
        Drawable drawable;
        HelloItemizedOverlay itemizedOverlay;

        @Override
                super.onCreate(savedInstanceState);
                setContentView(R.layout.main);

                // build map and mark point
                mapView = (MapView) findViewById(R.id.mapview);
                mapView.setBuiltInZoomControls(true);

                mapOverlays = mapView.getOverlays();
                drawable = this.getResources().getDrawable
(R.drawable.androidmarker);
                itemizedOverlay = new HelloItemizedOverlay(drawable);

                GeoPoint point = new GeoPoint(19240000, -99120000);
                OverlayItem overlayitem = new OverlayItem(point, "", "");

                itemizedOverlay.addOverlay(overlayitem);
                mapOverlays.add(itemizedOverlay);

                // copy MapView to canvas
                Bitmap bitmap = Bitmap.createBitmap(400, 800,
Bitmap.Config.ARGB_8888);
                Canvas canvas = new Canvas(bitmap);
                mapView.draw(canvas);

                // save it!
                FileOutputStream fo = null;

                try {
                        fo = this.openFileOutput("test.png",
Context.MODE_WORLD_WRITEABLE);
                } catch (FileNotFoundException e) {
                        e.printStackTrace();
                }

                bitmap.compress(CompressFormat.PNG, 100, fo);

                try {
                        fo.flush();
                } catch (IOException e) {
                        e.printStackTrace();