Thanks Dianne, i appreciate your help.
firstly i am not even sure how to do the single skin version you suggested,
unless i state that the resources names must not change which is something i
am not eager to do.
secondly, i was thinking (in terms of skins) to allow multiple skins at
once. so the user selects one or more skins and can see them (lets say i
have one default skin and then i click on a "change skin" button and change
it to the next one in line).
so my idea (and hopefully i will be able to post it here soon for everyone
to use) was to take all the relevant apks based on the intent-filter, and
show them to the user to be able to choose from, thus creating a list of
skin, for this i need to load the resources for the drawable and the layout
etc. (again, skins are just an example) from all the apks i got back from
the search.
as i said earlier, i may be missing something and there may be a much easier
way to do it in android
Thanks,
Yaron

--