Fyi-- this setting is left over from decisions about the behavior we wanted
for 1.0, and is no longer used.  Don't count on any of the settings doing
what they say, or any of this staying around in the future.  (I realize this
got left in the public SDK.  Ooops.  It shouldn't have been.)

--
Dianne Hackborn
Android framework engineer

answer them.