The Android OS takes a long time to boot, particularly on a device
which is much slower than a desktop. Apps don't take so long. Android
was designed to do other things well; boot time doesn't appear to be a
priority. There is plenty of info on how to boot Linux fast, both on
devices (http://moblin.org/projects/fast-boot and
http://www.mvista.com/sol_detail_mobile.php) and in general (http://
lwn.net/Articles/299483/). It depends on your priorities. Of course if
you could optimize Android's boot time AND get Google to accept the
patch, all the better.

Yusuf Saib
Android
·T· · ·Mobile· stick together
The views, opinions and statements in this email are those of the
author solely in their individual capacity, and do not necessarily
represent those of T-Mobile USA, Inc.