is there any way to shove an InputStream to a MediaPlayer object?

I would love something like this:
public void setDataSource(InputStream inputStream);

Here's what I'm up against --
I have some aacPlusV2 files I want to stream.  Unfortunately, they are
in an ADTS container.
It does not appear that the aacPlusV2 decoder on android can support
ADTS -- it can support M4A.

So, I'm stuck.

I could use the Android JNI and create a parser + decoder in C/C++ to
generate PCM data to shove to an AudioTrack object, but that probably
means I'm decoding in software (instead of h/w) -- which I'm sure will
chew up battery life.

I could also write a ADTS parser (may not need to use JNI) and re-wrap
the data in an M4A container, and then shove those bytes to something
that could take __encoded__ AAC data, decode them and render them.

Need some serious help / guidance here!

tia.