Hi,
i was wondering if anyone could give me hints on this one (i am re-posting
an older version of a question i once had):
i created a new attrs.xml that adds some functionality to the soft keyboard
sample code.
i would appreciate any insight you may have on this:

i added: <attr name="keysImg" format="reference" /> to:

<declare-styleable name="Keyboard">
        <!-- Default width of a key, in pixels or percentage of display
width -->
        <attr name="keyWidth" format="dimension|fraction" />
         <!-- The image used for keys  -->
        <attr name="keysImg" format="reference" />
    </declare-styleable>

and added: <attr name="keysImgTemp" format="reference" /> to:
<declare-styleable name="Keyboard_Key">
<attr name="keyIcon" format="reference" />
<attr name="keysImgTemp" format="reference" />
</declare-styleable>

in the xml layout file the data look like this:
<Keyboard xmlns:android="http://schemas.android.com/apk/res/android";
    xmlns:jk="
http://schemas.android.com/apk/res/com.example.android.softkeyboard";
    jk:keysImg="@drawable/sym_keyboard_shift"

and the key looks like this:
<Key android:codes="49" android:keyIcon="@drawable/sym_keyboard_shift"
jk:keysImgTemp="@drawable/keypad1low"/>

in my code i try to reference these values
 TypedArray a1 = res.obtainAttributes(Xml.asAttributeSet(parser),
R.styleable.Keyboard);//get all attrs for the keyboard as defined in
attrs.xml
The line below DOESN'T WORK! (has null value) - WHY????
BitmapDrawable orgBmpDraw=
(BitmapDrawable)a1.getDrawable(R.styleable.Keyboard_keysImg);

TypedArray a = res.obtainAttributes(Xml.asAttributeSet(parser),
R.styleable.Keyboard_Key);
//the kine below WORKS!
BitmapDrawable orgBmpDraw=
(BitmapDrawable)a.getDrawable(R.styleable.Keyboard_Key_keysImgTemp);
//The kine below DOESN'T WORK - has null value - I eventually solved it by
changing the attribute from android: to jk: so i needed to override the
existing internal attr.xml with mine
BitmapDrawable orgBmpDraw=
(BitmapDrawable)a.getDrawable(R.styleable.Keyboard_Key_keyIcon);

what am i missing here?
thanks,

--
Yaron Spektor