Hello!

I have some problems with custom editable views on devices that don't
poses a hardware keyboard. Setting the device in landscape mode
enables the fullscreen IME to show up. This one covers my custom view
but instead provides it's on view on the top of the screen for preview
(?). It initially contains the "hint" assigned in the EditorInfo
class.
Using an EditableInputConnection + EditText enables the preview to
synchronize with what I type on the keyboard. Using my custom view it
doesn't and all I can see is just the "hint" text. However the key
presses are recorded by my custom view.
I looked through the sources of EditText and EditableInputConnection
but I couldn't find anything that suggests how to make the preview to
work.

Any type of guidance would be really helpful. As I stated in my
must :(.

Thanks,
Andrei