On Aug 28, 3:02 pm, Hong <lordh...@gmail.com> wrote:

> But you are right, in Android system, there are multiple tasks/processes
> running at any given time.
> And telephony related tasks/services/processes will be given the highest
> priority.

And this that is my problem... I've been trying to find out when the
in-call screen is actually showing, vs being in a call but the user
has brought some other activity to the foreground.  I have a phone
state listener that when it finds out a call is active every few
seconds polls the task list, but it can't tell what's actually on top
given the non-specificity of the priority codes.

>If you can find the launch date/time info. of a particular task/activity,
>that might help.
>But I guess you can only find that by "adb shell sysdump activity".

This doesn't seem to be available on the retail phone?   Even if it
were, would it show the original  start time, or the time when the
task last gained the foreground?