Bump - I have this exact same problem.. I can't get the full size
image,

Intent i = new Intent(MediaStore.ACTION_IMAGE_CAPTURE);

i.putExtra
(MediaStore.EXTRA_OUTPUT,MediaStore.Images.Media.EXTERNAL_CONTENT_URI.toString
());

The intent that comes back with onActivityResult only has the "data"
key and not the key for "extra output"...in fact I have to _save_ the
bitmap manually for it to even show up on my SdCard.