Hi,

Are any <uses-permission> clauses needed in the manifest for:

1. Writing to a file using the Activity.openFileOutput() mechanism;
2. Writing to the SD card using FileOutputStreams;
3. Sending email using the Activity.startActivity( Intent.createChooser
(...)) mechanism ?

I looked at:

http://developer.android.com/reference/android/Manifest.permission.html
http://developer.android.com/guide/topics/security/security.html

and didn't see anything that seemed relevant. My app works on my ADP1
without any
<uses-permission> clauses when installed with "adb install xyz.apk"
but I was worried
that it may have problems on a "real" consumer device.

Thanks for any clarification on this.