This code works on G1

                 Intent intent = new
Intent("com.android.camera.action.CROP");
         intent.setClassName("com.android.camera",
"com.android.camera.CropImage");
         intent.setData(uri);
         intent.putExtra("outputX", 128);
         intent.putExtra("outputY", 128);
         intent.putExtra("aspectX", 128);
         intent.putExtra("aspectY", 128);
         intent.putExtra("scale", true);
         intent.putExtra("noFaceDetection", true);
         intent.putExtra("output", Uri.parse("file:/" + FILE_PATH + userId +
"/user.jpg"));
         startActivityForResult(intent, CROP_PICTURE_ACTION);