I have written a home screen widget that pops up a configuration
window as you add it to your home screen.  I'm doing this via the
android:configure attribute in the <appwidget-provider> tag.  After
the user enters their configuration values in the configuration
activity I call the activity's finish() method and the device goes
back to the home screen, with the new widget now in place.

The problem I'm getting, is if the user reorients the phone from
portrait->landscape or landscape->portrait during the configuration
activity, such as when they open the keyboard on a G1 to type some
value into a text field on the configuration screen, then the home
screen widget does not get displayed on the home screen.

I wish I could give more details about what is happening, but I don't
see anything unusual in the logs when this happens.  My app even goes
on to log some things as if it's still running and attempting to
display the home screen widget.  The widget just isn't displayed on
the home screen if the phone's orientation was changed while the
configuration activity was active.

Any help would be GREATLY appreciated.