You have to set boundaries of your info window or icon overlay.

private int minX = 0;
private int maxX = 0;
private int minY = 0;
private int maxY = 0;

boolean draw(Canvas canvas, MapView mapView, boolean shadow, long when){
        minX = screenPoint.x;
        maxX = screenPoint.x + info window or icon width;
        minY = screenPoint.y;
        maxY = screenPoint.y +  info window or icon height;
}

boolean onTap(GeoPoint point, MapView mapView){
       if (isHitInfoWindow(point, mapView){
           // do what you want..
       }
}

private boolean isHitInfo(GeoPoint point, MapView mapView){
        boolean bln = false;

        Point screenPoint = new Point();
        mapView.getProjection().toPixels(point, screenPoint);

        int pointX = screenPoint.x;
        int pointY = screenPoint.y;

        if ((pointX >= minX) && (pointX <= maxX) &&
           (pointY >= minY) && (pointY <= maxY)){
                return true;
        }

        return bln;