> > I want to use the same eclipse project to maintain only one source
> > code (or two projects that refer to a generic project).
> > My problem is that the names of the package have to be different on
> > the market (eg: my.android.app.lite and my.android.app.pro).

> http://dev.bostone.us/2009/05/02/android-how-to-deploy-multiple-versi...
>
> this may help you.

If that's the stock solution, then I do vote for sed... was holding
out hoping there'd be some kind of magic possible with eclipse or ant.

At any rate, what will work and is ugly but entirely script-able:

copy the project tree
cd to the top level of the copy
sed -i "s/my\.android\.app\.pro/my.android.app.lite/g" `find . -type
f`
mv src/my/android/app/pro src/my/android/app/lite
+flip whatever switch reduces the functionality
rebuild (the above probably will not have fixed an eclipse project...
that may still need adjustment)

In terms of cleaner solutions... the file base/build/jarjar-rules.txt
in the android sources seems to be an instruction to *something* to
rename a collection of packages at build time, but I don't know what
it instructs