Hi,
In that app I am developing (
http://www.cyrket.com/package/com.altcanvas.readerscope), I updated the
layout file in the latest version - I changed the order of some Views and
changed a LinearLayout to RelativeLayout. I heard from users and also
verified myself that a regular upgrade from old version to the new version
causes a crash. The crash is because of a ClassCastException for a
LinearLayout. I do see this kind of error during development - what I do is,
I do a clean build and then upgrade and it solves the problem. But that
doesn't seem to be the case here.

Is this happening because the upgrade doesn't wipe out old layout files?

After searching for the issue, I came across the warning about unusually
deep and/or broad hierarchies (
http://android-developers.blogspot.com/2009/04/future-proofing-your-apps.html).
My layout is not much deeper (max depth 5), but it is wider (total elements
more than 30). Do you think that has anything to do with this? However note
that a clean install of the latest version doesn't cause any problem, only
the upgrade from previous version leads to the layout related crash.

Has anyone else faced problem like this?

Please let me know.

Thanks,
Jayesh