hello,

I need some help on https connections.

I am using this code to connect to my http servlet in order to stream
objects and recieve object streams:

.
.
.
import lgpl.haustein.Base64Encoder;
import java.net.URL;
import java.net.URLConnection;
.
.
.
private String login;
private String password;
.
.
.
URL url = new URL(ANDROID_HTTP_SERVER);
URLConnection connection = url.openConnection();
connection.setDoOutput(true);
connection.setDoInput(true);
String encoding = Base64Encoder.encode(login + ":" + password);
connection.setRequestProperty("Authorization", "Basic " + encoding);
.
.
.

The lgpl.haustein.Base64Encoder I have found here:
http://www.winterwell.com/software/jtwitter.php

I really do not know how to work with https. especially the licence is
not valid, so I need to ignore it automatically.

Thanks for your help.

Greetings,
Marco

PS: I am working with SDK 1.1 R1, so please don't send me SDK 1.5
code...