On Sep 4, 1:03 pm, Dianne Hackborn <hack...@android.com> wrote:
> Fwiw, doing that kind of linkage trickery is likely to result in an app that
> breaks in the future, especially since the SQLite library is not a public
> part of the NDK.

It's all fun and games until someone breaks an upgrade...

In actually looking through the SQlite source, it appears that there's
a table of function pointers for file access that's unique to each
object... if it were possible to access that table and rewrite it,
they could perhaps point to alternative functions that would solve the
OP's problem...

But practically speaking, I suspect cloning the whole SQlite system
into the appliction, or replacing it with the mentioned java HSQLDB
might be more workable.