I am a newbie to android programming. I want to search the name of
contact member by taking phonenumber from the user. I dont know whats
the issue and when run it just displays error ..
"Application has stopped unexpectedly !". My code is like this ...

Uri myperson = Uri.withAppendedPath(People.CONTENT_URI, numtext.getText
().toString()); //numtext is the textbox object

Cursor managedCursor = managedQuery(contacts, projection, null, null,
People.NAME + "ASC");
getColumnData(managedCursor);

///////
String[] projection = new String[] {People.NAME, People._ID};

    private void getColumnData(Cursor cur) {
        if(cur.moveToFirst())
        {
                String name;
                String id;
                int nameColumn = cur.getColumnIndex(People.NAME);
                int ideColumn = cur.getColumnIndex(People._ID);

                do
                {
                        name = cur.getString(nameColumn);
                        id = cur.getString(idColumn);