Hi,

WVGA should be 800x480 pixel resolution.

I would hope that the emulators would all draw pixel-to-pixel on
whatever screen you're running on. That means they would all
technically get the same pixel density -- the host machines.

However, the idea is the simulate hardware that is of a variety of
different sizes at the exact same pixel resolutions. This means the
pixel density values are arbitrary in the emulator -- do they all
match a 4" screen? A 5" screen? Not sure, but 160 seems to be a
reasonable density for a WVGA screen on a standard size handset. It
translates to a real world (using 800x480) screen size of 5 inches
wide by 3 inches high (in landscape mode). Unless that's the size it
shows up on your screen, it's just a value to test with.

Now, if you look at the ratio of 520 x 320 you'll see that it's
(almost) identical to that of 800x480, implying that some sort of
scaling may be taking place within the emulator to mimic the actual
physical sizes (inches) rather than pixels.

It's a little strange and really reenforces the need to test on actual
devices to see what their numbers will look like in the field.