Thanks for the suggestion, but, I am not using that lib in my code.  I
do not have any NumericShaper class call and cannot see how to clear
the error.  Could it be some Eclipse glitch happening with the import
of my project from another machine? I guess it's just me with this
problem! A second error cropped up where the apk file is not found on
my system in bin and I cannot create a new one.

Unless there is a better idea, my next step is probably to try and
import the code into a new project to see if the weirdness will go
away.
Wish me luck!