>"There's nothing about touching with a finger which, as far as I can see, is
>operationally different from the things I do with my mouse"<

It *is* a little different. E.g. you won't have corresponding finger-
events for mouseover, mouseout, etc. The phone cannot quite detect
your finger hovering over the screen without your finger touching the
screen. This may affect the functionality of some javascript libraries
if they (partially) rely on these events.

And some javascript libraries may not have been tested (at all) on
Android's WebKit.