i draw a cube with two sides textured(320*430 png) and let it rotate
between the two sides, but it's sad to get a 16 FPS on emulator and 9
FPS on the real phone. i don't known whether i have used the hardware
acceleration on my phone.
  so i tried many parameters in OpenGLES ,finally i found i can set a
value in my CubeView(inherit from GLSurfaceView )'s constructor ,

 public CubeView(Context context)
 {
   super(context);

   this.getHolder().setType(SurfaceHolder.SURFACE_TYPE_HARDWARE);  //
here is the crucial line

   mRender = new CubeRender(this);
   this.setRenderer(mRender);
 }

setType with the value SURFACE_TYPE_HARDWARE  can improve the OpenGL
rendering speed, and i get a rate of  14FPS on real phone, but has no
effect on emulator( i guess emulator didn't use hardware to render)

but the 14FPS also is  not  enough for me , 18 -- 20 may be
acceptable . the qualcomm demo neocore can render  a complex arena on
25-27 FPS in my phone.

so what's the problem with me, is there another ways to use the
hardware acceleration in OpenGL ES .

my phone has a cell of qualcomm MSM7201A with a hardware acceleration.