There is at least one example application on the web and a commercial
application that would work in the case, but they aren't exactly what
you describe. They are for locating lost or stolen phones.

A text message is sent to the phone, the application recieves the
message and responds with the phones location using either GPS or the
cell phone network location capability.

This might actually be better since someone outside of the kidnap
incident triggers the event which find the location. It works as long
as the phone is on so even if you didn't have the phone, i.e. it was
in the kidnappers possession, a useful location is determined.

I suspect any compentent kidnappers would immediately disable or
dispose of any cell phones. Its been known to the public since the OJ
Simpson fur-ball that cell phones can be tracked.

Rud