Hi,

I made up the following to demonstrate what I meant.

In this example when you press the trackball/dpad center button the
view is written to a png file and also set as the wallpaper.

You can change it to save as jpeg file etc.

Hope that helps.

Regards

/////////////////////////////////////////////

package com.testSaveView;

import android.app.Activity;
import android.os.Bundle;

import java.io.FileOutputStream;

import android.content.Context;
import android.graphics.Bitmap;
import android.graphics.Canvas;
import android.graphics.Color;
import android.graphics.Paint;
import android.util.Log;
import android.view.KeyEvent;
import android.view.View;

public class testSaveView extends Activity
{
        SomeView sv = null;

    @Override
    public void onCreate(Bundle savedInstanceState)
    {
        super.onCreate(savedInstanceState);

        sv = new SomeView(this);

        setContentView( sv );

    }

    @Override
    public boolean onKeyDown( int keyCode, KeyEvent event)
        {
        switch( event.getKeyCode() )
                {

                case KeyEvent.KEYCODE_DPAD_CENTER:

                        if ( sv != null )
                        {
                                saveView( sv );

                                return true;
                        }

                default:

                }

                return super.onKeyDown( keyCode, event );
        }

    private void saveView( View view )
    {
       Bitmap  b = Bitmap.createBitmap( view.getWidth(), view.getHeight
(), Bitmap.Config.ARGB_8888);

       Canvas c = new Canvas( b );

       view.draw( c );

       FileOutputStream fos = null;

       try {

                fos = new FileOutputStream( "/sdcard/some_view_image_"
+ System.currentTimeMillis() + ".png" );

                if ( fos != null )
                {
                        b.compress(Bitmap.CompressFormat.PNG, 100, fos );

                        fos.close();
                }

                setWallpaper( b );

            } catch( Exception e )
                        {
                        Log.e("testSaveView", "Exception: " + e.toString() );
                        }

    }

class SomeView extends View
{
        public SomeView( Context context )
        {
          super( context );
        }

        public void onDraw( Canvas canvas )
        {
                canvas.drawARGB(0x80, 0xff, 0, 0 );

                Paint paint = new Paint();

                paint.setColor(Color.BLUE);

                paint.setTextSize( 48 );

                canvas.drawText("...Some view...", 10, canvas.getHeight() / 2,
paint);
        }

}

}

//////////////////////////

& the manifest -

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<manifest xmlns:android="http://schemas.android.com/apk/res/android";
      package="com.testSaveView"
      android:versionCode="1"
      android:versionName="1.0">
    <application android:icon="@drawable/icon" android:label="@string/
app_name">
        <activity android:name=".testSaveView"
                  android:label="@string/app_name">
            <intent-filter>
                <action android:name="android.intent.action.MAIN" />
                <category
android:name="android.intent.category.LAUNCHER" />
            </intent-filter>
        </activity>
    </application>
    <uses-sdk android:minSdkVersion="3" />

<uses-permission android:name="android.permission.SET_WALLPAPER"></
uses-permission>
</manifest>