Sorry Dianne but the link you provided has several samples like values-
mcc262-cs, values-mcc260, values-mcc204-de ... but none of them makes
use of MNC.

I'm having the same problem with with i18n for a specific carrier and
values-mcc724-mnc005 are not working on the real device. I have tried
several combinations like values-mcc724-mnc05, values-mcc724-mnc5,
values-mcc724-mnc005-pt and others.

Only the use of MCC alone values-mcc724 is working as expected.

thanks
Gustavo