On Thu, Sep 24, 2009 at 12:52 AM, Mark Murphy <mmur...@commonsware.com> wrote:

>> Is there anyone who can reply to this?
>>
>> On Sep 23, 6:37 pm, javame_android <su...@saltriver.com> wrote:
>>> I have developed an application and want to sign it. After signing the
>>> application when I try to Align the final package with zipalign. But
>>> there's no file called zipalign in tools directory. Can someone guide
>>> me regarding this?
>
> zipalign is new to Android 1.6 AFAIK.

That is correct. It's new in 1.6 but you can run it on any
application, down to Android 1.0

>>> Failure [-12]

-12 means INSTALL_FAILED_OLDER_SDK, which it should have displayed
(I'm not sure why it didn't)
Are you trying to install a 1.6 app on a 1.5 emulator?

Xav
--
Xavier Ducrohet
Android Developer Tools Engineer