I've created so-far fully working version of javamail based on the
source code available in the glassfish repository and some awt class
from harmony.
I'm not sure of what i can do with the license of what i have used to
make it work but i've put all of this in a google code project :
http://code.google.com/p/javamail-android/
full source code and binaries are available.
I've used a lot IMAP browsing, Mime Message parsing, so-far i've fixed
all the bugs i've encountered.
Feel free to report issue or to give me tips on i can distribute this
(freely of course)