Hi Kwan,

I have a project on SourceForge called xW which seeks to establish a
standard XML format for word puzzles, so you might want to look at
that for your input. Try looking for open Sudoku projects -- there is
more interest in Sudoku than crosswords and the rendering of cells is
the same except for numbering.

Please remember that advanced UK crosswords use bars instead of black
squares, so a typical bitwise enumeration for the cell's appearance
will be 0 - Blank, 1 - Black, 2 - Left bar, 4 - Top bar.

I haven't got round to writing a generic renderer for Android but when
I do it will be Open. Regards Seth