Armond Avanes wrote:
> Hi Guys,
>
> Like many other developers here, I can't sell applications from my country
> and seeking a way for monetization of my app.
>
> I was thinking to release my app as free ads-supported version, and to sell
> license from my website for those who want to remove the ads completely.
> Actually users will apply on my website, pay a fee and I will send a
> license.
>
> But then I came across the following url saying that "collecting payments
> through your application is not allowed under the Android Market Developer
> Distribution Agreement":
> http://market.android.com/support/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=140504
>
> Is this to prohibit me from doing what I explained above?

As always, you are best served by talking to qualified legal counsel
about legal issues like this.

In this case, I would think "through your application" would mean
literally "through your application" -- accepting payments in the app
itself. That would not cover payments through a Web site, post office
box, envelopes taped to the bottom of park benches, or other means of
transfer.

But, again, IANALNDIPOOTV (I am not a lawyer, nor do I play one on TV).

--
Mark Murphy (a Commons Guy)

Need Android talent? Ask on HADO! http://wiki.andmob.org/hado