So if you have three different projects (each with their own package)
then you have three different generated R files. So the generic
project uses its own R.java and the pro project uses its own R.java
AND the R.java for the generic project.

I'm not sure I understand the problem - maybe because I haven't tried
this out. Can someone please explain a specific example?