I upgraded to the new SDK and I am using eclipse.
I attempt to create a new AVD following the directions.  I start up
Android in a command window so I can see what is failing.  I am
getting the following error(s):

C:\Users\Dad\Desktop\Java Programs\android-sdk-
windows-1.6_r1\tools>android
Starting Android SDK Updater
Error: Ignoring platform 'android-1.6': build.prop is missing.
Error: Ignoring add-on 'google_apis-4': Unable to find base platform
with API le
vel '4'
No command line parameters provided, launching UI.
See 'android --help' for operations from the command line.