Before anyone says anything ... I'm upgrading my SDK as I write
this.

It's true that setting the minimum API level on the application
manifest should make the application only run on updated phones.

We'll see what happens.

I feel for anyone who purchased a GPS application for the older
platform that relies on this ....

Richard