Hello all,

few weeks ago I encountered a problem. My Android SDK 1.5 emulator
became very slow and CPU consuming. This happened earlier, but was
irregular just removing AVDs usually helped. Few weeks ago I installed
Android SDK 1.6, tried to move my dev environment there and noticed
that emulator runs very slowly. I rolled back to 1.5 and noticed that
the same problem is there. What's going on:
- emulator startup is pretty slow;
- sometimes emulator hangs on startup;
- sometimes after startup is complete I see Force close/Wait dialog
for some Android applications/services (Alarm clock, messaging)
- applications inside the emulator run MUCH slower than they ran
before, I see delays in response even in launcher, when I just
switching between icons with arrow keys (at this time CPU usage
according to the task manager is from 35 to 50%, i.e. one core is
completely busy).
- now, when I'm typing this message, emulator (clean, newly created
AVD, I haven't installed nothing there, just out of the box) occupied
50% of my CPU (and 140MB of RAM).

Hardware: Intel Core2Duo T7500 (2.2GHz) + 2GB RAM.
OS: Vista

I don't have any problems with 1.6 on Linux (Kubuntu 7.10), emulator
starts quickly, responds in a flash, and seldom consumes more than 20%
of CPU time (usually in case my application is working with DB).

Any ideas?

Thank you in advance.