Hii All

I have a requirement in my application where i need to do 2 things :
1.use canvas to display a bitmap
2.use mediaplayer class to display a video.

I tried using "getHolder().setType(SurfaceHolder.SURFACE_TYPE_PUSH_BUFFERS);"
and could see the video alone followed by an exception for  canvas.
This is expected as i am using "SURFACE_TYPE_PUSH_BUFFERS".

But if i dont use 'SURFACE_TYPE_PUSH_BUFFERS' then the video will not
be seen but everythign that i have given for 'canvas' works.

But i need to use both canvas and mediaplayer(for video) in my app.
How can i achieve this?

Or is it possible to create 2 surfaceviews, one for canvas and the
other for mediaplayer.setDisplay() ??

can anybody please share with me the code if they have tried something
like this?

Please show me some path out of this. Any help is greatly appreciated.

thanks in advance,
Latha