When you publish the application for the first time it gives you the option
of "Copy Protection". In it's current implementation, applications marked as
copy protected are installed into /data/app-private instead of /data/app
default directory.

I don't know a way to install application into app-private folder without
going through market.

--
Best regards,
Vitaly Polonetsky