At AndAppStore we've recently introduced a pay-for app system which
lets apps confirm at runtime whether or not the user has purchased the
app. This means that even if the apk is spread around the internet and
installed on many devices your app can still either refuse to run or
enter a demo mode to try and get the user to buy a legitimate copy if
the user hasn't paid to use it.

When you list an app you can find a link to the purchase checking
system underneath the box where you can select "Requires Payment" as
the applications license type.

Al.

P.P.S. <plug>And we don't take any fees for pay-for apps, you only
have to pay PayPals fees :)</plug>.