Anyone who reads the spec should be able to work out the backend, and
we'd be happy to share this method with other app stores, but when we
offered Google our previous licensing solution the response we got was
a "Thanks but no thanks", so I'm not sure if they'd be interested.

The biggest problem I can see with sharing this solution is that
you'll either end up with all app stores sharing purchase information
(which is unlikely), or separate URLs for each store, which isn't
great for developers. We'd be happy to use a Google approved solution,
but as they haven't released details of the copy protection system
(which is why we can't add that as an extra security measure) I'm not
holding out much hope.

Al.
--

* Looking for Android Apps? - Try http://andappstore.com/ *