LocationManager lm = (LocationManager)
getSystemService(Context.LOCATION_SERVICE);
lm.requestLocationUpdates(LocationManager.NETWORK_PROVIDER, 1000L,500.0f,
this);
Location loc = lm.getLastKnownLocation(lm.getProviders(true).get(0));

is what works for me

--
Writing code is one of few things
that teaches me I don't know everything.

http://www.fuligin.com