So the specific case mentioned in my first post is not guaranteed to
work since it's mixing stuff in a way that just happens to work on
some devices? If so, then what's the correct way of adding extensions
to persons? (haven't found any examples that are dealing with person
extensions so it's hard to tell which way of doing it is the correct
way)

Tauno