I don´t know how to pass calculations to the Graphic chip, or if it´s
possible at all.
If you do find a way to do so, I would love to know how.

What you can do, is use Android NDK, which lets you use native code (C/
C++/assembly) through the JNI interface.
It´s not a perfect solution (it´s hardware  dependent, the development
process is not as smooth as writing plain Java or plain C code),
but AFAIK (and if someone knows something else, I would love to hear
about it, because it will help me as well :-) ), after finishing the
algorithmic and programmatic speedups, it´s the only resource you have
left in order to further speedup your code.

On Android NDK:
http://developer.android.com/intl/fr/sdk/ndk/1.6_r1/index.html

Fulanito