I'm aware that the minimum updatePeriodMillis was increased to 30
minutes for Donut, but in my testing, I'm not seeing the
APPWIDGET_UPDATE intent come through at all, even after well over 30
minutes has passed. Has anyone else had an issue with this, or any
light to shed on the matter?

I should mention that all of my testing so far is on 1.6 emulator
images; I don't yet have Donut hardware to test on, as my update here
in the UK hasn't come through yet. So it's possible this is an
emulator issue, but again, any information on that front would be
helpful.

For reference, my manifest code looks like this:

    <receiver android:name=".MyWidgetProvider"
              android:label="@string/widget_name"
              android:enabled="true" >
                 android:resource="@xml/mywidget" />
      <intent-filter>
        <action
android:name="android.appwidget.action.APPWIDGET_UPDATE" />
      </intent-filter>
    </receiver>

It's working fine on 1.5 (and has been for months), both on emulator
and handset.

Thanks,

String