I have a service that is waiting for input from an Activity. I noticed
that if the service has a task scheduled via a handler, an Activity
can bind and unbind repeatedly to make the service do stuff. However,
if the service doesn't have a task scheduled and really doesn't do
anything while waiting, it kind of disappears. An activity binds to
the service and makes it work, but after unbind it can't bind again.
This is not an issue for me because I do need a task scheduled, if
only a task that stops the service after n minutes of inactivity. I
was just wondering if this is intended behavior of a service.

dagdag
Christine