All.
I have a python application (anki) running under ASE. It is a simple
web server that uses the browser as a UI. My only issues are playing
sound, which are stored locally. On the iphone, anki uses a command
line app (play) to play the mp3 files. Unfortunately, there is no
command line app that I can call that takes a filename as an arg and
plays it.

What are my options with android?

- write a sound service that sits and listens for a filename to play;
possibly listening on a port for filename

- write an Java-app that I call from within python that forks off and
loads a specified file, plays it and then exits. Can you call other
java apps from ASE?

- wait till the browser supports the <audio> tag. I guess this is
html5, but am unaware if this will be on android any time soon.

Thanks,
Brian